Monday, June 13, 2011

weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning, Ps. 30:5

Well, On Saturday I got laid off from my job of 20 years.   They said it had nothing to do with job performance just couldn't afford me any longer.  I have never felt like I was irreplaceable, but I was surprised.
 At first all I could think was this puts our adoption dreams to an end, but the more I have prayed and pondered on the matter, the more I know that we need to go ahead.  Some time the Lord has a baby in mind for our home and I have to depend on my faith to know that He knows what he is doing.  I will apply for unemployment, get my apartment ready for a home study.  I may look for a job eventually, or I may wait to see what the Lord has in mind for us.  I keep asking myself if maybe the Lord needs me to be home at this time.  I don't want to anticipate the blessing, but maybe our child is coming soon? I don't know.  I will try to remember my Mother in laws favorite scripture.  Proverbs 3:5-6 
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
Please remember us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment