Thursday, May 26, 2011

Eating the elephant.. one bite at a time!!

So,  Tuesday we met with our case worker.  It was a overwhelming experience!  When we arrived at the office, we noticed several young girls waiting in the reception area.  Later we  laughed because we both were wondering if these girls were here to talk about placement.   When we met our case worker she asked if we minded if a student sat in.  I just automatically answered "sure".  Berrett said he would have said no.  I am sorry honey!!  
The only thing that did not impress me about our case worker was, I wish she had told us a little bit about herself at the beginning.  Other then her name, we knew nothing about her.  It might have helped to know how long she had worked there, and what brought her to that type of work. I only say this because putting us at ease would have been nice before we dived into our personal lives.   We are sitting there sharing all this information about ourselves, some of it quite personal with a total stranger.
I guess though, we will have a similar experience with potential birth parents, so we will just have to get over it! :}
She asked all her questions and then gave us a folder with forms to fill out.  Back ground checks,  employment verification, medical forms for our doctors, both regular and a form for infertility.   She told us we will be issued a log in and pass word on itsaboutlove.org and we will both have to fill out questionnaires as well as financial stuff.  We will need to turn in names of 4 references for LDS family services to contact.  We are praying about who to choose. It was a overwhelming amount of information in a short period of time.
But at the same time exciting.  I keep trying to look at it in the whole "eating the elephant" way. You know one bite at a time!!
So as I posted before, we have a lot of paperwork ahead of us, but we will get through it.  I know that Berrett has put me in charge of all that!!  He will still have to fill out some forms as well.   I went on
itsaboutlove.org and read some of the other couples birth mother letters.   Its heart breaking to see so many couples who are longing for a child.  Its a lot of people that the birth mother has to look through.  If I didn't have the faith that the Lord will bring us our child, in his way and in his time, I might be discouraged.   I do know that the Lord wants us to have children and He will find a way.   We just have to be patient, and keep biting that elephant!!

No comments:

Post a Comment