Wednesday, May 18, 2011

When You're her age what will matter to you the most?

For me, the answer to that question is my Family, and the memories we have made together.  There is nothing more important to me then the ones I love and who love me.  It won't matter if I achieved great success in my chosen career, or if my home was immaculate.  It will matter to me that my husband knew I loved him every day of our lives.  It will matter to me that I spent time decorating sugar cookies at Christmas with my kids, and nephews and nieces.  It will matter to me that I was there for a friend who needed me.   It will be the hugs given and kisses cherished.  It will be the stories we shared of our loves, losses and triumphs.  It will be the lessons I taught them and they taught me about Our Savior and Our Heavenly Father.  It will be the knowledge that I can move on to the next life knowing that I will hear the words "well done, thou good and faithful servant".
I am holding on to that dream.. Of being a grandma, looking back on my life and knowing that this hard time of waiting for our children was worth it.  The look in her eyes tells me she is glad, she is satisfied, she is happy.
What will matter to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment