Sunday, April 10, 2011

“For today and its blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude.”

Today was a blessed day!!  Sunday with my honey.  We attended church and I had the chance to hear my husband bear testimony of the power of the priesthood, and how blessed he feels to have the chance to receive revelation.  Its one of the things that I truly love about him.  He loves the Lord and knows what great wonders happen in his life on a daily basis.  I went to primary and learned a little more about my calling as a first counseler.  I held our pianist's baby all through sharing time.  That was wonderful.  I had one of my students ask me "why I quit as his teacher".  That was a hard one!! How do you explain to child about callings and the way they can change our plans at a moments notice?  I took him aside and explained that the bishop called me to be a counseler, that they needed my help in the presidency and that I would never quit loving him, or quit on him!! I wanted him to know, I was still his friend and teacher, if in a different form.
These children in our primary, teach me every week.  They have simple sweet testimonies of the gospel and of their savior.  If they express love  or appreciation they mean it!!

Then we came home, had a little nap and then had dinner with Bears side of the family.  I got to hear a few jokes from my niece, watch the newest baby boy in the family, coo and smile.  Heard all the latest news about our missionary nephews and bask in the warmth and love of family.  Sundays with our family are some of the best times.  Its getting late and I should go to bed.  I am so grateful for my family, my calling, my husband and my life.  Today was a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment