Sunday, January 22, 2012

Choose The Right!!


The theme for primary this year is Choose The Right.  I am looking forward to continuing to teach the children in sharing time about choices.  Our primary pres was talking to the kids today about choices we make every day.  It got me thinking about simple every day choices that we make and where they lead us.  It can be such a simple thing and yet it can be such a turning point in our lives.  Some times we don't even know that they were turning points until we look back.  For instance I accepted the ward challenge to read the Book of Mormon last year.  I have read it many times, but not always completed it in one years time.  This last year I almost made it. I barely finished it on Jan 19.  A bit late, but I am grateful that I chose to follow the counsel of our Bishop.  So many times in the past year things would come up in my life where I had to make a decision or choice, and then I would read something in the scriptures and I would know what to do. 
We have our home study on Feb 2nd and then once we finish the last minute things with LDS social services we will be ready for the Lord to bless us with our child.  I have often had moments in the last 12 1/2 years where I wondered if we would ever be blessed.   If I learned one thing from my Book of Mormon reading last year is that the Lord takes great joy in blessing us when we are obedient and put our trust in him.  Many times the blessings come differently then we imagined, but they do come.  We are looking forward to whatever comes this year and pray that it may include a family of our own.  I do know one thing though.  I so enjoyed my daily scripture reading that I started 1st Nephi on Jan 20.  This Year I WILL complete it before it ends and I hope to find even more truths in my reading.
I am also so grateful that I chose Berrett as my husband and that he chose me.  It has not always been an easy road.  Infertility can kill the best of marriages.  But you see I chose to fall in love with and marry my best friend.  So how could I ever choose to walk away from that?  He was the best choice of my life!!! I am so grateful to have a man who honors the priesthood. Who  loves me with all my faults and wants to walk beside me forever.  I am so lucky!!  When the time is right, I know I chose the BEST Daddy for our children, whether they grow in my tummy or just in my heart. I made the right choice and I am so grateful he chose me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment