Saturday, July 9, 2011

Love.. Love.. Love.. Babies!!!!

As some of you know, I have been tending a 8 week old baby boy for a friend of mine.  I have to say, after the first 5 minutes I held him, I was in Love.   They don't do much at that age except sleep, eat, cry a little and fill their diapers, but I am loving taking care of him.  I only have him 3 days a week, but I love those 3 days.  Today I tended a friends 8 or 9 month old baby girl.  I have watched her before, and I have to admit that I love her too!!  So different at those various ages.  You do need to do more to entertain them when they are older but still lots of fun.  She and I played Peek a boo for about 20 minutes today and we both were belly laughing!!
 If I had any doubts about going from a career woman to a mom, I no longer do.   I love taking care of these babies.  I do understand that its not the same as a full time mom, but still... I was made to be a mom.   I also no longer have any doubts that I will love my baby through adoption.  I love these 2 babies that I have tended in the last few months, so much and they are not mine.  Still.. I would step in front of a bus for either one of them.    I hope their parents know how much I care.  It can't be easy to leave your baby with some one else, but I take the best care possible. 

 Angela, The 8 week olds mom, left a bassinet here for me to use for him.  There are diapers and blankets in my apartment.  I have formula and baby bottles in my kitchen.  When I walk by these things when he is not here it makes me a little sad, I miss him.  But mostly I miss knowing my own baby.  I can't wait for this journey to be over, and yet, I enjoy the anticipation too.  I love walking through the baby department, looking at clothes and pricing diapers.  I love talking to other mom's about their babies and their sleepless nights.  I love dreaming of our future child, planning names, activities and our future.   I don't know you yet, little one..
But know this... Mommy loves you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment