Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mothers Day

Jayden Ryan C.  chillin' in his baby bouncer



In my last post I told everyone about our beautiful new nephew Jayden.  Well on his 3rd day in the hospital, just a few hours before he was headed home, he started having difficulties breathing.  They eventually moved him to the NICU.  This was so scary.  My poor sister was expecting to take her sweet baby boy home and now, they were not really sure what was wrong.  He spent, the next 10 days in the NICU.  Luckily Tammy was given permission to stay in her room for a few more days and then they moved her to a smaller complimentary room.
Can I tell you what agony it was to watch my sister go through this?  She was recovering from the C section, separated from her two older boys and only able to spend time in the NICU for feedings and a little cuddling time.  To watch her head back to her room, past the other mom's headed home with their babies was so hard!!
She had some difficult moments, but remained strong for the baby and her boys.  She spent more time with him in the NICU then any other mom that I saw there.  She asked a lot of questions,  requested a priesthood blessing and prayed, and prayed and prayed.  They never seemed to really quite figure out what was wrong.  All the tests came back good, and they thought he might have aspirated some amniotic fluid, or possibly some breast milk.  Today she brought him home, on oxygen but doing well.
She always tells people that I am her second mom.  She praises me to the sky, but let me tell you, she is amazing!! She held up under some extreme pressure.  Her only concern was for her boys!! We would bring her meals many nights and she would eat, mostly so Jayden would have milk.  I think she is one of the best mom's I know!! I feel proud to watch her raise her boys!!
If I am half the mom she is, I will consider myself a success!! So its a bit early, but I know that when She brought that sweet little baby boy home today, It was "mothers day" at her house!!


No comments:

Post a Comment